Sunday, September 28, 2008

Graduating is...

near by?

I wish I knew.

I've been trying to live by this quote: " Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier." It seems as though there are many obstacles in my way. Let me explain... and by explaining- i mean slightly venting.

First, Registration for the fall quarter took place in March! My inbox is so full at my Cal Poly address from spam and facebook alerts, I didn't get the notice. So, I was already a little behind.

Secondly, I had a hold on my registration because I had to take the Graduate Writing Test. Everyone must take the test before they graduate. Once I took the test, I could register for my classes. The only opening they had for the test was in July. So, I take the test in July and try to register... registration is now closed until Sept. 19. School starts Sept. 25! Leaving me to pick from the remaining classes in those few days.

I try to register on the 19th, but the computer is slow due to everyone else being logged in. I try to register when I finally get through-- wait. another hold? now, it's a hold for paying late registration fees.

Fees paid-- clear to proceed.


Thankfully, I get 2 classes that I need. I try to add 3 more, with no luck. And the sad part is, those classes that I didn't get are prerequisits for other classes. So, i can't take the other open classes still because I haven't taken the first 3. sigh.

I check the updated list of which classes are offered which quarters-- 2 of the classes I need to graduate in the Spring are classes that are only offered in the fall quarter. I'm going to have to try to take them at another Cal State near by if I want to walk in the spring. sigh.

so. graduation. is. still. far.

maybe. Let's really hope not.



Oh degree, please find your way into my hands. thanks.


1 comment:

lauri said...

Bethany: welcome to the VH blog-a-thon! so glad you have joined us. I will keep praying that all school things come your way. life is frustrating sometimes, isn't it! arggh! keep the faith, baby